The Law Foundation of BC is accepting applications for 2015 one-time projects up to $50,000, and Green Shield Canada is accepting applications for multi-year projects up to $250,000. Please see the application details, deadlines and contact information below.
Green Shield Canada: Community Giving Program (CGP)
Green Shield Canada is focused on improving access to health care for uninsured and underinsured populations in Canada (the homeless, the working poor, and those on social assistance). Specifically, they provide financial support to Canadian registered charitable, non-profit, and/or social enterprise organizations that deliver frontline health care (i.e. dental, vision, prescription drugs, disease management and/or mental health care supports).
CGP Grant Details
- CGP funds multi-year projects ranging from one to four years to a maximum of $250,000
- CGP accepts only one application per organization
- CGP only funds programs/services/projects
Applications must be submitted by January 26, 2015.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Law Foundation of BC Funding Notice: 2015 Projects Initiative
The Law Foundation of BC has established a projects budget of $500,000 for 2015 for one-time projects.
Who can apply?
A non-profit organization in BC whose proposed time-limited project falls within one or more of the five statutory mandated areas of the Law Foundation:
- legal aid
- legal education
- legal research
- law reform
- law libraries.
Areas of encouragement:
The Law Foundation will consider proposals in areas other than those listed below as long as they fall within the program objectives of the Law Foundation.
The Law Foundation is particularly interested in receiving innovative proposals that meet needs in the following areas:
- projects that meet the legal needs of culturally diverse groups (for example: immigrants and refugees)
- projects that meet the legal needs of remote, isolated and underserved areas of the province (please refer to the Law Foundation Diversity Profile)
- Projects that meet the legal needs of individuals with low literacy
- Consumer and Debt Issues
- Employment Law
- Family Law
- Wills and Estates Administration
Grant size: The maximum amount available for each project is $50,000.
Applications must be submitted by 12:00 noon, Thursday, January 15, 2015.