The Victoria Foundation believes in the power of conversations to build relationships that lead to solutions. On June 22, 2023, we brought together more than 50 leaders from various sectors for a Vital Conversation to explore where, and how, our local communities have agency and opportunities to improve affordability for all.
During the Vital Conversation, three presentations highlighted promising local examples of cross-sector initiatives addressing affordability. These were followed by two world cafes and a session on solution development resulting in several identified approaches towards creating improved affordability in the region. These include:
- Mapping, linking, and sharing local assets and resources in new ways
- Building collaborative structures for partnerships across sectors
- Shifting mindsets on affordability (and ways to address it) through communications and story sharing
- Convening different sectors to build and act on creative affordability solutions together
- Takes an abundance mentality approach to solution development, rather than scarcity
- Working together to examine, shift, navigate, and/or remove policy barriers and create supportive policy conditions for local affordability solutions.
These Vital Conversations are an important start, but it takes more than conversation to create lasting change. For this reason, the Victoria Foundation has announced the Spark Funds in conjunction with the Vital Conversation, with $50,000 approved by the Victoria Foundation Board of Directors.
In addition to sparking creative approaches to solution development, the purpose of the Spark Funds is to put a spotlight on promising solutions and cross-sector collaborations towards a shared goal of creating ‘Affordability for All.’ Sparks Funds will provide initial support to explore ideas, potential partnerships, and actions related to the approaches identified in the Vital Conversation (listed above).
While the Vital Conversation informs the criteria for this application, participation in that event is not required to be eligible for funding.
Applications will be accepted through Survey Monkey starting on Thursday, June 29th and will close on Friday, July 14th at 12 AM (midnight).
If you need further information or support, please contact Sushil Saini, Manager Strategic Initiatives at email@example.com If needed, you can request a phone or virtual meeting.