Current Career Opportunities
The Victoria Foundation is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant to join our dynamic Special Funds and Irving K Barber BC Scholarship Society teams. The position involves a wide range of administrative and general support duties of a highly responsible and confidential nature. Responsibilities include the processing, adjudication and distribution of post-secondary awards and scholarships.
We are seeking someone with the following skills:
- Some business experience and well-developed administrative, computer and software management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have experience with data systems and extracting data to support activities along with a solid, general knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, Financial Information Management Systems (FIMS) or equivalent database systems, Dropbox, and SMApply. Ability to learn and manage complex online application platforms, and strong website editing skills.
- A strong commitment to working with volunteers and respect for their contributions, keen understanding of the importance of privacy and the protection of personal information, and a genuine interest in philanthropy.
- An understanding of the British Columbia post-secondary education system, including academic grading, credit allocation and financial assistance and scholarship programs would be considered an asset.
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity please send your cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com before noon, Tuesday, December 1, 2020. Please use “Admin. Assistant” as the subject line of your email.
Please note only those applications invited for an interview will be contacted.
This is a part-time 21-hours-per-week position. Some flexibility can be offered in terms of the specific days and hours worked. The Victoria Foundation is currently working primarily in a remote environment as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The salary range is $25,000 to $29,000 annually, based on a 21 hour work week, depending on experience and qualifications. The Victoria Foundation also offers a comprehensive benefits package.
No telephone inquiries please.