Victoria, B.C., June 8, 2012 – The Victoria Foundation welcomes Rasool Rayani, owner and operator of the Victoria-based Peoples Pharmacy group, to its Board of Directors. Rayani is also an investor who is involved with several Victoria-based tech companies and a volunteer coordinator for the Victoria ALS Walk.
The Foundation also welcomes six community members who have joined foundation committees:
Community Engagement Committee:
• Steve Harris, Director, Business Development Myra Systems Corp.
• Victoria Williams, Organizational Development Consultant, Minister of Justice
Finance and Audit Committee:
• Pamela Russell, CFA, Senior Portfolio Manager , TD Waterhouse Private Investment Counsel
• Ian Wong, CMA, Senior Portfolio Manager, Investment Capital Branch, Ministry of Jobs, Tourism and Innovation
• Joel Goldsmith, a retired investment specialist from New York City, currently a volunteer with Citizen’s Counselling
• Mia Maki, FCMA, Principal of Quimper Consulting Inc. and a Senior Instructor at the University of Victoria
– 30 –
Background: The Victoria Foundation manages funds gifted either in perpetuity or for specific purposes. The funds or the earnings from them are then distributed as grants for charitable or educational purposes. Established in 1936, the Victoria Foundation is Canada’s second oldest community foundation and the sixth largest of 181. To date it has invested more than $108 million in people, projects and non-profit organizations that strengthen communities in B.C. and across Canada. Read more about the Victoria Foundation’s vision and mandate.
For more information, please contact:
Director of Communications, Victoria Foundation
250.381.5532 ext. #227 250.686-8477