Apply now for the 2014 Full & Research Granting Program. Grants of up to $20,000 are available to organizations mounting projects that target the following areas:
i) Supporting healthy and positive permanent families through:
- development and/or implementation of new models of permanent care;
- projects aimed at teen adoptees transitioning and identity issues related to adoption, kinship arrangements, inter-racial placements etc.;
- activities to enhance permanent adoption of children and youth with special needs;
- training and support for groups and/or group leaders on adoption enhancement research;
- special community, educational and cultural events;
ii) Innovative research and demonstration projects* involving a partnership between the adoptive and academic community that focus on:
- increasing the number of children and youth living in permanent families;
- preventing the disruption of permanent placements involving children in care or those who were formerly in care.
* Projects may run over a two-year time frame with funding of up to $10,000 per year.
iii) Raising awareness of:
- the need for adoption and/or permanent placements for children and youth in care, particularly aboriginal children and those with special needs, specific cultural considerations;
- permanency options for children and youth in care, including adoptions by foster families, kinship placements, custody agreements, open adoption, aboriginal customary arrangements and other alternatives.
For more information, vist the website at www.connectingforlife.ca.
The deadline to apply is October 15 at 4:00pm.