Lex Reynolds Adoption and Permanency Trust Fund
The Victoria Foundation is now accepting applications for funding of projects in support of adoption and permanency related initiatives in British Columbia. Micro-Grants of up to $2,000 are available from the Lex Reynolds Adoption and Permanency Trust Fund for projects that will commence after May 31, 2013.
Application Deadline: April15, 2013 (4:00 p.m.)
The Lex Reynolds Adoption and Permanency Trust Fund (the “Trust”) was created as a result of an endowment provided by the Government of British Columbia to help children and youth awaiting adoption and other permanent placements.
The purpose of the Trust is to offer annual grants – Full-Grants and Micro-Grants – that will:
- help support healthy permanent placements;
- encourage innovative research, projects and initiatives;
- develop a higher level of awareness of permanency options in our communities, and;
- facilitate adoption programs and services within B.C.
- assist in the development of, or attendance at, special events, workshops, and conferences;
- provide support to new or existing local groups and networks related to adoption, culture and race;
- contribute to organizational systems and training, and;
- recognize and celebrate individuals promoting permanency options for children and youth.
Applicants do not have to be registered charities.
Applications from individuals are also welcome however, applications for direct support to individual families are not accepted.
(The Trust’s Full Grants valued at up to $20,000 each are awarded in the fall of each year.)
The application form and further details are available through the Trust’s website (see the Apply Now tab): www.connectingforlife.ca