For Immediate Release
February 20, 2015 – From youth to lifetime achievement, the 2015 recipients of the prestigious 11th annual Victoria Leadership Awards in eight award categories were honoured last night at a gala ceremony at the Crystal Garden.
The 2015 recipients in each category are:
• Leadership Victoria Lifetime Achievement Award (sponsored by Il Terrazzo Ristorante) honours outstanding long-term service in community leadership roles such as philanthropy, innovation, mentoring and career achievement (previously announced honorary award) — Clarence “Butch” Dick
• University of Victoria Community Leadership Awards acknowledge outstanding leadership in linking UVic and the community for greater public benefit — Bill Anderson and Bruce Parisian
• Rotary Community Leadership Awards recognizes community leaders who meet Rotary values of the highest levels of ethical behaviour in business and in the community — Kelly Reid and Scott Treble
• Vancity Youth Award recognizes a young person between the ages of 20 and 30 who demonstrates leadership by helping to redefine wealth in a way that furthers the financial, social and environmental well-being of our members and their communities — Alex Harned
• Leadership Victoria Alumni Award (sponsored by TELUS) recognizes a graduate of the Leadership Victoria program who continues to demonstrate outstanding leadership and service in the Victoria community (honorary award) — Maja Tait
• Victoria Foundation Community Leadership Award recognizes an organization that is building community capacity and achieving positive change — Pacifica Housing Society
• United Way Greater Victoria Award for Collaboration and Partnership recognizes an individual leader in a non-profit organization who is building community capacity by creating partnerships and collaboration — Maureen Sawa
• Royal Roads University Leadership Excellence through Coaching and Mentoring Award recognizes long term and outstanding service in community leadership roles that specifically focus on coaching and/or mentoring — Ingrid Bergmann
Established in 2004, the prestigious Victoria Leadership Awards honour the distinguished accomplishments of everyday heroes, recognized for their community leadership, service and achievement. Led by Leadership Victoria, the event is a collaboration with the University of Victoria, the Rotary Clubs of Greater Victoria, the Victoria Foundation, and the United Way Greater Victoria — five partners in recognizing and promoting leadership. This year’s 11th annual ceremony celebrated the accomplishments of all 20 distinguished nominees across eight award categories.
Leadership Victoria is a community-based, voluntary organization committed to developing, supporting, recognizing and honouring outstanding community leaders. Since its formation in 2000, it has become the go-to organization for community leadership in Greater Victoria, graduating over 250 leaders who work collaboratively to resolve the complex challenges facing our city.
Biographical details on each winner is attached. Photos are available upon request.
Ivan Watson (Communications Director, Leadership Victoria) at 250-418-0700 or firstname.lastname@example.org