- The Vancouver Foundation is Canada’s largest community foundation, working throughout British Columbia to harness the gifts of ideas, money, time and energy to build a lasting legacy of healthy, vibrant and livable communities. A co-funder of Victoria’s Neighbourhood Small Grants program, the Vancouver Foundation provides support and guidance to Neighbourhood Small Grants programs in 17 communities across the province.
Quadra Village Community Centre
- The Quadra Village Community Centre is a safe and welcoming gathering place that has served the vibrant and diverse neighbourhood of Hillside Quadra since 1974. The Centre works to nurture community well-being by providing services and programs to meet the social, educational, health, employment, environmental and recreational needs of people in the heart of the city.
Burnside Gorge Community Association
- The Burnside Gorge Community Association operates the Burnside Gorge Community Centre, which is a neighbourhood house and recreation centre. The Association provides family resource programs and services, educational and outreach activities, and a number of popular special events, including the Selkirk Waterfront Festival, Gorge Waterway Cleanup and Community Christmas Dinner.
Oaklands Community Association
- The Oaklands Community Association operates the Oaklands Community Centre and the Oaklands Neighbourhood House. Their vision is to provide a welcoming, engaging, sustainable community where all members can live, learn and thrive. They offer farmers’ markets, recreation and fitness programs, community learning and social events, and a variety of child and youth programs including a child care centre.
North Park Neighbourhood Association
- The North Park Neighbourhood Association is a non-profit society that plays an active role in improving the quality of life of people in this downtown neighbourhood. With the support of the City of Victoria and many wonderful volunteers, this Association provides monthly meetings at which individuals can voice views about community matters, and operates sub-committees, including around land use, events, and public art.