Christopher David Allan was a proud Canadian, serving his country at home and abroad as a Captain in the Royal Canadian Air Force, piloting the CF-18 Hornet. Chris’ passion for flying enabled him to excel in his career, becoming one of Canada’s Top Guns as a Fighter Weapons Instructor in the RCAF. Within the fighter jet community Chris was known by his call sign “Axe” and he was a role model to his colleagues. Smart, humble, honest and loaded with integrity, Chris was admired and respected by those who knew him. Family was paramount to Chris in every sense of the word.
Chris had many passions and believed strongly in the values of outdoor education, land and water conservation and sustainable fishing practices. He was an accomplished downhill ski instructor and an expert saltwater fishing guide. Chris also had a great love for the outdoors, spending his free time hiking, fishing, and camping. Chris believed strongly in sharing his knowledge and skills unequivocally with all those who were interested to learn.
Tragically, Chris lost his life at the young age of 31 while salmon fishing with friends near Campbell River, BC. In honouring their son, husband, brother and uncle, the Allan family has created the Chris Allan Legacy Fund with the Victoria Foundation to support registered charitable initiatives that align with his life’s passions and core values.
Chris Allan Legacy Fund grant recipients:
- Canada Company – Military Employment Transition Program
- Campbell River Salmon Foundation
- Movember Canada
- Trans Canada Trail
- Peninsula Streams Society
- Angel Flight Society of British Columbia
- Highway of Heroes Tree Campaign – In Honour of 4 Wing Cold Lake
Make a donation in support of the Fund at the Victoria Foundation:
You can support the Chris Allan Legacy Fund by cash, cheque (payable to the Victoria Foundation), credit card, or online through CanadaHelps* (below). For information about giving publicly listed securities, or to donate by credit card, please call the Victoria Foundation at 250.381.5532.
If you have any questions about how to make a donation to the Victoria Foundation, please contact Sara Neely, Director of Philanthropic Services at 250.381.5532 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Please note CanadaHelps assesses a 3.5-4 per cent transaction fee on all donations. This amount is deducted before the donation is sent to the Victoria Foundation. This fee covers all credit card merchant fees, transaction fees, banking costs, receipting, reconciliation and disbursement. To avoid this fee, call the Victoria Foundation directly with your credit card information.